Our favorite sausage recipe so far. Adpated from Emeril Lagasse.
- 3 pounds ground pork butt
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground anise
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground hot chili flakes (add a bit more if you like spicy)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- Pork casings
1. Pass the pork through a meat grinder
2. Combine the ground pork with all of the spices and the wine.
3. Refrigerate for a few hours to let the spices mingle.
4. Test the seasoning by cooking a small bit of the pork mixture in a frying pan with a bit of oil. Adjust accordingly.
Fill casings with the meat mixture as per the instructions found here.